Crane Operator Course on Truck
The theoretical-practical course for the operation of truck cranes (12 hours), offers training, information and appropriate and specific training for workers in charge of the use of work equipment that require special knowledge and responsibilities.
REFERENCES OF LAW
State Regions Agreement of 22.02.2012, Article 73 of Legislative Decree 81/2008.
WHO IS THE COURSE INTENDED FOR
The course is intended for workers involved in the operation of truck cranes.
REQUIREMENTS OF PARTICIPANTS
Experience in operating truck cranes, being of age, being in possession of the suitability for the job issued by the competent doctor.
OBJECTIVE OF LAW
The State Regions Conference of 22.02.2012 establishes a specific knowledge on the regulation of the sector and on the suitable and safe use of work equipment for handling loads and in particular of truck cranes, also in relation to the risks that may be caused to other people.
HOW TO BOOK
Accessing our courses is very simple: just send a request to our electronic mail address (email@example.com), specifying the telephone number.
The staff of our staff will contact the applicant, subsequently sending an economic offer about the course (or courses) of interest.
If you like and accepted, we will send a confirmation containing the instructions to follow the training course (or training courses).
HOW TO FOLLOW THE COURSE: COURSES IN SYNCHRONOUS STREAMING VIDEO CONFERENCE MODE
Once the booking procedure is completed, the learner can attend the chosen course by connecting via smartphone, tablet or PC (theoretical part), on the dates and times communicated in the e-mail containing the instructions .
Also in this there is a final test, organized with multiple choice methods: it will be considered passed when at least 80% of correct answers are achieved. The test can be repeated until it is passed. Our teaching staff will also act as tutors.
HOW TO PAY
Only after passing the final test, we will issue the invoice in electronic format to allow you to arrange the payment (exclusively by bank transfer, therefore traceable) of the amount relating to the balance of the chosen course (or courses chosen): to the successful conclusion of the operation, a training certificate will be issued which will be sent to the billing address by express courier.
All the courses we offer are held by experienced and professional trainers who meet the legal requirements and the latest provisions of the State-Regions Conference of 21.12.2011. All our trainers follow compulsory periodic refresher courses in order to guarantee to companies and workers a teaching in accordance with the contents and of high quality in the delivery methods.
TEACHING PROGRAM OF THE COMPLETE COURSE
Legal – Regulatory Form
– Presentation of the course. Outline of general legislation on occupational health and safety with particular reference to the provisions of the law on the use of work equipment for load handling operations (Legislative Decree no. 81/2008). Responsibility of the operator.
– Terminology, characteristics of the different types of truck cranes with reference to the installation position, their movements and lifting equipment, modification of the configurations according to the accessories installed.
– Basic notions of physics to be able to evaluate the mass of a load and to be able to appreciate the equilibrium conditions of a body, in addition to the evaluation of the necessary attributes that allow the maintenance of the crane assembly with a hanging load in stable conditions.
– Stability conditions of a truck crane: factors and elements that influence stability.
– Main characteristics and main components of truck cranes.
– Types of set-up and gripping organs.
– Remote control devices.
– Contents of the documentation and signs supplied with the crane for trucks.
– Use of the load tables provided by the manufacturer.
– Principles of operation, verification and regulation of limiting devices, indicators, control devices.
– General principles for transfer, positioning and stabilization.
– Methods of use in safety and risks: analysis and assessment of the most common risks in the use of truck cranes (load fall, loss of stability of the truck crane, collision with people with the load or with the crane, risks associated with the environment, such as wind, obstacles, power lines, etc., risks associated with incorrect stabilization).
– Gestural signage.
– Identification of structural components: base, frame and subframe, stabilization systems, column, arm group.
– Control and safety devices: identification of control devices (hydraulic and electrohydraulic controls, radio controls) and their operation (displacement, positioning and operation), identification of safety devices and their function.
– Pre-use checks: visual and functional checks of the truck crane and accessory components, control, signaling and safety devices, provided by the manufacturer in the equipment instruction manual. Unloaded truck crane maneuvers (lifting, extension, swing, etc.) single and combined.
– Checks before the transfer on the road: verification of the trim conditions (lifting structure and stabilizers).
– Planning of lifting operations: conditions of the work site (slopes, conditions of the support surface), evaluation of the mass of the load, determination of the radius, configuration of the truck crane, slinging systems, etc.
– Positioning of the crane for truck in the workplace: positioning of the crane with respect to the center of gravity of the load, delimitation of the work area, signs to be set up on public roads, installation of stabilizers, leveling of the crane. Procedures for installing accessories, blocks, stabilizers, jibs, etc.
EXERCISE OF OPERATIONAL PRACTICES
Carrying out exercises of gripping / hooking the load for the control of rotation, oscillation, shocks and load positioning. Operations near fixed obstacles or other cranes (interference). Handling of commonly used loads and loads of particular shapes such as: long and flexible loads, flat loads with a very large surface, large loads. Precision maneuvers for lifting, releasing and positioning loads in visible and invisible positions.
Use of lifting accessories other than the hook (polyp, bucket, etc.). Handling of loads with special lifting accessories. Slings of loads.
– Emergency maneuvers: execution of emergency maneuvers for load recovery.
– Communication tests with gestural signals and via radio.
– Practical operations to test the correct functioning of the limiting, indicator and position devices.
– Exercises on safe use, management of emergency situations and compilation of the control register.
– Stopping the truck crane: procedures for storing accessories, blocks, stabilizers, jibs, etc.
At the end of the two theoretical modules (outside the time limits set for the theoretical modules) an intermediate verification test will take place, consisting of a multiple choice questionnaire, passing the test, which is intended to be passed with at least 70% of the answers correct, will allow the passage to the practical module. Failure to pass the test involves the repetition of the two modules. At the end of the practical module (outside the time limits for the practical module), a final verification practical test will take place, consisting in the execution of at least 2 of the tests, concerning the following topics:
– slinging and handling of a load equal to 50% of the maximum nominal load with outreach equal to 50% of the maximum outreach, between the height corresponding to the stabilization plane and the maximum achievable height identified by the load table.
– Slinging and handling at a height of 0.5 m, of a load equal to 50% of the rated load, at the maximum distance allowed from the center of the column / fifth wheel before the intervention of the maximum moment control device.
All practical tests must be passed. Failure to pass the final verification test entails the obligation to repeat the practical module. The positive outcome of the intermediate and final verification tests, together with a presence equal to at least 90% of the total number of hours, allows the release, at the end of the training course, of the qualification certificate.