Crane Operator Course on Truck
The theoretical and practical course for the operation of truck cranes (12 hours) proposes appropriate and specific training, information and training for workers in charge of the use of work equipment requiring special knowledge and responsibility.
State Regions Agreement of 22.02.2012, Art.73 of D.Legislative decree. 81/2008
WHO IS THE COURSE INTENDED FOR
The course is intended for workers working on truck cranes.
REQUIREMENTS OF PARTICIPANTS
Experience in the operation of cranes for lorry, being of legal age, being in possession of the suitability for the job issued by the competent doctor.
The State Regions conference of 22.02.2012 establishes a specific knowledge on the regulation of the sector and on the suitable and safe use of work equipment for the handling of loads and in particular of truck cranes, also in relation to the risks can be caused to other people.
HOW TO BOOK
Access our courses is very simple: simply send a request to our email address: email@example.com, asking for an economic offer about the course (or courses) of interest.
We will respond with an email containing the offer.
If you like it and accepted, we will send a confirmation containing instructions to take the training course (or training courses).
CLASSROOM COURSES AT OUR HEADQUARTERS
The training course for workers dedicated to the operation of truck cranes can also be used in the classroom for the theoretical part and in the area equipped for the practical part at your headquarters. The training takes place with a class of up to 10 participants. The dates of the sessions will be communicated after the reservation communicated by email. After the booking procedure, you can attend the course or courses chosen at our headquarters on the dates and times that will be communicated to you in advance, signing a sheet of incoming and outgoing presence. The final test (theoretical part) is organized in multiple choice mode and will be considered passed upon reaching at least 70% of exact answers. The test can be repeated by the corsista until it is passed. The practical part includes a practical examination at your headquarters. Our teaching staff will also act as tutors. STESIA Engineering reserves the right to start the courses upon reaching the minimum number of participants; conversely, a redundancy of requests for a single date will be handled with the criterion of precedence in order of time arrival of reservations: surpluses will be transferred to the first available date.
COURSES IN VIDEOCONFERENCING MODE SYNCHRONOUS STREAMING
All courses designed by D.Legislative decree. 81/08 in the field of safety and salt in the workplace, are also provided remotely (theoretical part) in synchronous streaming videoconferencing mode (given the temporary presence of teachers and learners, this mode is equated with in-presence training), throughout the national territory, for all sectors of work and for every degree of risk.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COURSE AT YOUR LOCATION (PRACTICAL PART)
The practical part of the course for crane driver installed on a truck is carried out at the offices of our customers, throughout the national territory. Once the booking procedure has been completed, we can give you the chosen course directly at your headquarters using your operating machines (regularly reviewed), on the dates and times agreed at the time of booking: it will be necessary to sign an incoming and outgoing attendance sheet. At the end of the course you will have to pass two tests: the first is a theoretical one, consisting of a test with multiple choice mode, which will be considered passed upon reaching at least 70% of exact answers and can be repeated by the courser until it is passed. Our teaching staff will also act as tutors. After passing the test, you will have to submit to a practical test whose contents are described in the paragraph “Final evaluation”.
HOW TO PAY
Only when the final test is passed, we will issue the invoice in electronic format to allow you to prepare the payment (exclusively by bank transfer, therefore traceable) of the amount related to the balance of the chosen course (or the courses chosen): for the good purpose of the operation, a training certificate will be issued that will be sent to the billing address, by express courier.
All the courses we offer are held by trainers with experience and professionalism that meet the legal requirements and the latest provisions of the State-Regions Conference of 21.12.2011. All our trainers follow mandatory periodic refresher courses in order to guarantee companies and workers a teaching in accordance with the contents and high quality in the methods of delivery.
TEACHING PROGRAM OF THE COMPLETE COURSE
Legal – Regulatory Form (1 hour)
– Presentation of the course. Overview of general legislation on health and safety at work with particular reference to the legal provisions on the use of work equipment for load handling operations (D.Legislative decree. No 81/2008). Operator responsibility.
Technical Module (3 hours)
– Terminology, characteristics of the different types of truck cranes with reference to the installation position, their movements and lifting equipment, modification of configurations according to the accessories installed.
– Elementary notions of physics in order to evaluate the mass of a load and to be able to appreciate the equilibrium conditions of a body, as well as the evaluation of the necessary attributes that allow the maintenance of the crane set with hanging load in conditions of stability.
– Stability conditions of a truck crane: factors and elements influencing stability.
– Main and main components of truck cranes.
– Types of set-up and grip bodies.
– Remote control devices.
– Contents of the documentation and signplates supplied by truck cranes.
– Use of the loading tables provided by the manufacturer.
– Principles of operation, verification and regulation of limiting devices, indicators and control devices.
– General principles for transfer, positioning and stabilization.
– Methods of use in safety and risks: analysis and assessment of the most recurrent risks in the use of truck cranes (load drop, loss of stability of the truck crane, impact of people with the load or crane, risks related to the environment, such as wind, obstacles, power lines, etc., risks related to incorrect stabilization).
Practical Module (8 hours)
– Identification of structural components: base, frame and countertelaie, stabilization systems, column, arm group.
– Control and safety devices: identification of control devices (hydraulic and electrohydraulic controls, radio controls) and their operation (displacement, positioning and operation), identification of safety devices and their function.
– Pre-use controls: visual and functional controls of the truck crane and ancillary components, control, signalling and safety devices, provided for by the manufacturer in the equipment instruction manual. Crane maneuvers for truck without load (lifting, extension, rotation, etc.) single and combined.
– Checks before transfer by road: verification of trim conditions (lifting structure and stabilizers).
– Planning of lifting operations: working site conditions (slopes, support plane conditions), load mass assessment, radius determination, truck crane configuration, harness systems, etc..
– Positioning of the truck crane at the workplace: positioning of the crane with respect to the centre of gravity of the load, delimitation of the working area, signs to be prepared on public roads, installation of stabilizers, levelling of the crane. Procedures for the implementation of accessories, sketches, stabilizers, jibs, etc.
EXERCISE OF OPERATIONAL PRACTICES
- Carry out load taking/docking exercises to control the rotation, oscillation, shocks and positioning of the load. Operations in the vicinity of fixed obstacles or other cranes (interference). Handling of loads of common use and loads of particular shape such as: long and flexible loads, flat loads with very large surface area, large loads. Precision maneuvers for lifting, releasing and placing loads in visible and non-visible positions.
- Use of lifting accessories other than hook (octopus, bucket, etc.). Handling of loads with special lifting accessories. Load harnesses.
– Emergency maneuvers: carrying out emergency manoeuvres for the recovery of the load.
– Tests of communication with sign signals and by radio.
– Practical operations to prove the correct functioning of the limiting devices, indicators and position.
– Exercises on safe use, management of emergency situations and compilation of the audit log.
– Set-aside of truck cranes: procedures for storage of accessories, drafts, stabilizers, jibs, etc..
At the end of the two theoretical modules (outside the time allowed for the theoretical modules) there will be an intermediate verification test, consisting of a multiple choice questionnaire, the passing of the test, which is intended to be passed with at least 70% of the exact answers, will allow the transition to the practical module. Failure to pass the test involves the repetition of the two modules.
At the end of the practical module (outside the deadlines for the practical module) there will be a practical final test, consisting in the execution of at least 2 of the tests, concerning the following topics:
- harness and handling of a load of 50% of the maximum nominal load with an outreach equal to 50% of the maximum outreach, between the share corresponding to the stabilization plan and the maximum achievable share identified by the loading table.
- Harnessing and handling at a height of 0.5 m, of a load equal to 50% of the nominal load, at the maximum distance allowed by the column/rail center before the intervention of the maximum moment control device.
All practical tests must be passed.
Failure to pass the final verification test entails the obligation to repeat the practical module.
The positive outcome of the intermediate and final verification tests, together with a presence equal to at least 90% of the number of hours, allows the issue, at the end of the training course, of the certificate of qualification.